As far as one shot stops go unless a CNS hit is made you can't count on one shot doing the trick. It would seem that the more damage done the faster our bad guy will die. Way back when the aluminum jacketed "Silvertips" came out my partner was all over them because they really did expand out of his 45, Hooray! I always ran hardball and still do. Anyway one day he was trading hate with a human trafficker outside of Laredo who was hiding behind an empty steel 55 gallon drum. Not sure either knew at first the drum was empty. Wess centers the drum 3 times with the hollow points wherein the bad guy throws his gun over the drum and surrenders. Wondering why the suspect was unhurt he walks over to look at the drum and finds that two of his bullets didn't make it through the drum just denting the second side and one is hanging out of a hole in the drum which is probably the one that caused our bad guy to surrender. That was many years ago but he immediately switched back to hardball. Department regs have forced him to carry a 40 in recent years but he likes bullets that will go through both sides of an empty 55 gallon drum to this day. He is pissed that soon he will have to get a 9MM for his service pistol but will probably run the flat nosed 147 grain subsonic round because it will for certain penetrate the steel drum barrier. His backup pistol for years has been some sort of 9MM, currently a S&W Shield and he went to the trouble of finding out what will give him what he considers minimum penetration. He practices a lot with his hideout guns, enough so he actually puts real wear and tear on them. He recently retired a Ruger LCP because it went sloppy on him. Penetration means different things to different people!

Last edited by Palidun; 12/03/16.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]