Originally Posted by bellydeep
Originally Posted by JJHACK
When you are tracking something in long wet grass, the kind where you cannot see your feet when looking down, and it's currently raining. Would you like to see 17% more blood?

How about just seeing blood period, from a hole that is just barley big enough to provide this for you? Speaking for myself, I'll take all the blood flow I can get when looking for something this big with the potential to change your view forever on recreational sport hunting.

You're still making false arguments.

17% more blood? As a constant? No way.

I've never shot a brown bear, I'll give you that. But I've killed enough elk to know that sometimes you get blood, sometimes you don't.

I killed a cow a couple years back that ran a good 50 years without spilling a drop of blood. I know because I tracked her through the snow. Rifle was a 300 WBY, bullet was one of your beloved Barnes. Bullet hit the top of the heart and exited accordingly.

A few years before that, I knocked one over just across the drainage. Used a 7STW and got both lungs. That one left a blood trail.

But by your math, elk #1 should have bled more.

Tenacious, ain't ya?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.