Originally Posted by waterrat
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Many guides will shoot IMMEDIATELY after you do. There was even a thread here a while back by a guy bitching because he missed the bear but the guide did not...

Lots of fellers have people at home whom they are rather fond of too, and having been spooked a time or two by the mutual stalking process that a wounded bear sometimes becomes part of, I can hardly blame the guys that do that. Nor do I blame them when there is a second client who also expects to be provided a decent opportunity, but get short-shrift due to the first hunter's wounded animal that wasn't hit well and gets sighted again day after day; (and the first hunter's tag is legally filled whether the wounded animal is ever recovered.) A smart guide sometimes knows more about the holes in an animal than they ever reveal to the wallet bearer. wink

What a bunch of hypothetical bullshit,, this thread has turned a fairly simple question into another, I'd Do This, or I'd Do That,,,,,,When in fact very few here had done business with a brown bear, much less wounded in the brush!

Shot one 50 yards out twice with my 375 KS and he plum flipped over heels to the sky.

Well....actually, he ran off.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord