I was going to get into the whole bullet thing,since i was shooting "premiums" at elk and brown bear in the 80's and 90's ( Bitterroots), which are every bit the equal of anything out there today in terminal performance.So....premium bullets aren't anything new to me. I was using them before many on here were born.

But i did not want to get into bullet discussions, because I'm not writing an article,and don't want to take the time to cover another subject.

Obviously, the bullets can make these distinctions between cartridges a bit fuzzy,making smaller cartridges behave a good deal "bigger",especially in the case of premiums lie the Bitterroot, partition, and Barnes etc etc.. I also tried to couch my comments with qualifiers like "bullets being equal" but I guess i did not make my thoughts clear enough.

Also, the same bullet technology that benefits the smaller calibers ( 7mm say), benefits the larger calibers as well ( 30 caliber) so the relationships remain unchanged.

So, no , I don't think I was wrong about the relationship between the 7mm's and the 30's. I have been watching the effects of Bitterroots driven at high velocity from magnum cartridges from 7mm to 375 since the 80's, in the real world, on animals. I would turn a 165 BBC from a 300 magnum on a brown bear in a heartbeat. The results would be devastating.I have seen what happens to elk. Turns their innards to jello.

I don't think it matters a lick in terminal performance if a bullet exits or doesn't. So long as the bullet destroys everything passing from entry to the off side hide, the damage is done,and the hide is a bullet trap.

OTOH I have never had a Partition or a Bitterroot stop "partway" through a brown bear..any that I have used passed completely through the bear to the offside hide or exited, and made a mess in the wound channels. Moot point...really,,,the recovered BBC above was the only one of three recovered, the other two blasting through.

I have no idea what bullets do shot lengthwise in brown bear. I've never shot them that way.

I don't use Accubonds on anything. I'll stand by my comments on 7mm's vs 300 magnums.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.