Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Many guides will shoot IMMEDIATELY after you do. There was even a thread here a while back by a guy bitching because he missed the bear but the guide did not...

Lots of fellers have people at home whom they are rather fond of too, and having been spooked a time or two by the mutual stalking process that a wounded bear sometimes becomes part of, I can hardly blame the guys that do that. Nor do I blame them when there is a second client who also expects to be provided a decent opportunity, but get short-shrift due to the first hunter's wounded animal that wasn't hit well and gets sighted again day after day; (and the first hunter's tag is legally filled whether the wounded animal is ever recovered.) A smart guide sometimes knows more about the holes in an animal than they ever reveal to the wallet bearer. wink

What a bunch of hypothetical bullshit,, this thread has turned a fairly simple question into another, I'd Do This, or I'd Do That,,,,,,When in fact very few here had done business with a brown bear, much less wounded in the brush!

I tend to use more than enough gun