Originally Posted by jorgeI
Hack: o doubt in my mind that speed kills. The most impressive deer killer I've seen is my 257 Weatherby with 100GR Hornady Spire Points. Over fifty deer, and NOT ONE EVER, took a step. I've seen the big cats react to a 378 Weatherby like no other caliber, and Ross Seyfried writes the most impressive Buffalo killer he's seen is the 416 Weatherby. With today's modern bullets Weatherby calibers have really come into their own. When I decide to (finally) book a big bear hunt, my weapon of choice will probably be my 340 Weatherby Lazermark with either 250r TSXs or that superb 240r North Fork. The Lazermark's just to piss the haters off! smile

OTOH I"ve shot close to 20 deer/pigs with 257 and 100 ttsx and NEVER had one DRT. I've had em fall awful quick generally.... but never on the spot. My buddy has probably more than that wiht his, and same load, and has yet to drop one on the spot also, though his for whatever reason rarely make 10 steps, save the one doe htat made about 120 yards...

Speed does somethings, but its also bullet choice and shot location.

I'll take a good bullet and precise placement ever time over speed. All 3 never hurts.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....