Gunwriters............... HMMM, good or bad, love or hate em, they help stir the passion for a sport that is dying off at a alarming rate in Canada. (I'm not sure about the USA). Therefore I support all of them. I personally do not read articles used to sell magazines. I find them boring. These are the same articles I read 25 years ago with huge vigor. I read ever word, and used whatever I could out in the bush. I quickly found out what worked and what did not. Which writer knew what he/she was writing about and who was into self promoting fluff. The bush and the bench is where most gun writers earn the repect of the reader. I bet there are a lot of people on this forum that did the same thing. We envolved, most of the articles haven't. You can only repeat the "10 best ways to shoot a whitey" so many time. IMO, these articles are still required to help the next generation of newbies become hunting and gun "loonies". So write gunnies, write we need the press.

P.S. To help promote this sport, the next time a newbie shows up at your local gun club. Don't be a pompus smug ass (you know who you are)and help he/she out. Shelve the superiority and teach them. On second thought don't we cannot afford another generation of gun snobs.

Success follows preparation in equal measure