A number of years ago I had the pleasure of meeting Fred Huntington of RCBS fame... He was in a wheelchair, on oxygen but was very kind to me and we chatted for almost an hour. He and Jim Carmichael were hunting buddies and Mr. Huntington shared some fantastic stories with me... Being a 280 Rem. fan, I asked him about a lightweight 280 that Mr. Carmichael wrote about in Outdoor Life and gave Mr. Huntington credit for giving him the stock blank. He told me all about it and was pleased I remembered the story. It was an afternoon I'll never forget.

When I was a kid, I wasn't a good reader and I didn�t like school. My folks ordered me Outdoor Life and Guns and Ammo magazines and I learned to read because I was crazy about guns and hunting. Every month I couldn't wait to read the latest article from Jack O'Conner. To me his articles were "manna from heaven"... Reading about O'Connor hunting a Fannin Ram the Yukon or Stone Sheep in BC was the fuel that stoked my desire to someday go on a sheep hunt. Years later, when fate and the "Gods of Hunting" smiled on me, and I killed my Dall sheep in Alaska, I was flooded with memories of those O�Conner articles.

When O'Conner retired and Charmichael took over, I remember the article he penned, "To Fill a Giants Boots"... Mr. Carmichael did a great job and then some.

Ovis_Chaser