Guys:

This is great stuff! Many of us follow your work faithfully for years and never really know much about you, or how you got started. I've yet to see anything close to bragging, and we're getting a rare opportunity for a glimpse your personal side that shows you're really not that much different from us.

Mule Deer: I've said it before and it bears repeating: You're the most talented writer of your generation. You could write about anything, and it would be interesting, enlightening and entertaining--whether it's the stock market, the solar system, or the annual rainfall in Alder, Montana. That you're a gunwriter is a bonus for all of us rifle loonies. I've been reading everything of yours I can get my hands on since a 1992 article in Peterson's Hunting where you wrote about hunting loads for the 3 classics: .257, 7x57, and .30-06. I also have most of your books, including your older ones. One question I've always had: how do you pronounce your last name?

Turp: I haven't read your stuff as much as I'd like, but I remember one of the first articles of yours I've read was about hunting deer with your custom David Miller Mauser '98 in .270. It made me want a custom .270, too. I finally got one, and I have you to thank for giving me the itch. Thanks for taking the time to visit and post here.

SDH: Dude, you've got to have the coolest job in the world. If I had your talent, that's what I'd do, and I'd get up every morning with a smile on my face. I have your book on double guns, and you are truly an artist. I also think it's great that you hunt and shoot sporting clays with your Fox Hughes. Awesome!

To all of the gunwriters (past, present and future) who post here, thanks for taking the time to share a little piece of your lives with us.

G. Perry