I might be startin' to sound too repetitive but here it is again:
"What a great thread!", it's fascinating hearing about this sort of stuff from those who've "been there, done that". It really gives a "behind the scenes" type of insight into a realm that most of us never even think about.
Rejections?.... Heck, I can handle that stuff. Isn't that how you learn? Think I'll just make sure I know in advance what an editor wants to see in terms of layout, photo format, etc. and go from there.
So thanks to all of you for sharing your insights and experiences with the rest of us here. BTW, Mule Deer; my new HANDLOADER finally arrived yesterday. Can't wait to get into the "Velocity vs. Barrel Length" piece tonight. I'm sure it will be one heckuva lot more interesting & scientific than my crude chrono experiments circa 1998 with the two 6.5x55's that you may recall from a recent barrel length/velocity loss thread. When you get that 21(?) inch 6.5x55 rebarrel job back I'm still hoping we get a good story all about it. So thanks again to everyone, including advertisers, who help to make this forum interesting, informative and just plain entertaining. I can dig it...(Does that make me sound old?)