I am like Tom T. in that I did a military career first, then a defense contractor gig, then a consultant for state and local government, and finally got into writing about something I enjoyed: rifles and hunting. I like handguns and shotguns too, but riflery is definitely my favorite. Using rifles in Africa is my top interest. I have made five safari hunts to Africa in the last 10 years, and I sell hunts and write about it to get the gold to do it again.

I did two tours in Viet Nam, shot on the PacFLT rifle team at Camp Perry, and spent some time in the Horm of Africa and Eastern Africa doing intel-related things.

I have been to Gunsite for several courses (three rifle), and am a member of that "family": molon labe, y'all. I am also active in SCI (and met Scott there).

I write for African Hunter, and I have written chapters for books on the African hunting experience, but most of my writing since '95 has been for on-line "publications". For example I was providing content to the company who had the outdoors exclusive for AOL in the early days. I got into that from rec.hunting. I like the 'Net because of the interactivity and the warp factor nine speed of the discourse.

I am doing some North American hunting while we get some experience for some grandkids coming up. I turned 64 this month, and we have 7 of those rascals "coming up".

jim

LCDR Jim Dodd, USN (Ret.)
"If you're too busy to hunt, you're too busy."