I hesitate to rank myself as a writer, amongst some of the very distinguished here. I publish the odd article, about half a dozen in a good year, usually less. Most have been published in Germany, some in the Netherlands, Australia, Canada, US, and I even had the questionable honour of seeing one of my articles 'stolen' and reprinted in a Spanish magazine. My first article was published in 2001, so I'm new to this field.

I grew up in Europe, and hunted upland birds and waterfowl for a few years before 'graduating' to bigger stuff. My job took me to Eastern Europe quite a bit, so I managed to arrange for some hunting in countries like Poland, Slovakia and the Czech Republic. I moved to Canada in 2003, and I'm now going through the process of experiencing a lot of things for the first time. I doubt if you will be seeing me write "How To Hunt the Mighty Moose", or "How to Bust Bruiser Bruins" or that type of stories any time soon. If anything, moving to a new country, hunting new species, mostly solo, has taught me how much I still need to learn.

Frans

Frans Diepstraten
www.terrahunt.com