I'm new here as a poster, but, like others, have been observing for a while and this one is just too good to pass on.
I have read Mule Deer for many years and in my mind, as a technically knowledgable outdoorsman, he is a great successor as my current favorite replacing the late great Bob Hagel.
Having gunsmithed for 20+ years, it's relatively simple to sort out the rats__t from the coffee in most article and be able to tell who's for real and who's not.
Kudo's to Ken Howell and Tom Turpin as their stuff has always been the real deal too; most of the rest of the writers posting here, I either haven't read or just don't recognize.
Can't say the same for all writers, though - hunted with one very well know writer (who shall remain nameless) at a Jack Wemple camp in Idaho one time and was positively turned off at his lack of knowledge and superficial personality.....always did and still does come through in what writing he still does.
Keep up the good work boys; it brightens my day when I get to read a really good article.