Gun Writers & the rest of us:

I have started this thread 3 Xs and other threads distracted me & I forgot to finish. This week I started the 4th X and finished it.

Well, I could say too much but I promise to be reasonably short.
Some of our GWs I do not know at all and that's MY LOSS from the past. Some of you I haven't figured out. Aussie GW is NEW to me and I'm happy to know YOU and I appreciate your posts that I have read.

Let me digress about my mag. history. After Shooting Times & Peterson's Hunting went into the dumper (IMO) I didn't find other mags that interested me. I didn't stumble onto Sports Afield, heard about it here. All that figured in, I quit reading gun mags for several yrs. Part of that was due to the fact that MOST of what I saw I had ALREADY read or put into practice.

JB (MD), I vaguely remember some of your writing before I got out of the habit BUT you have EXPERIENCES and ACCESS to things that us lay shooters don't. I have come to have a GREAT APPRECIATION for you. THANKS.

Phil S., I din't know who you were HERE, but I remember your writing and I'm glad you participate.

Another of our GWs contacted me personally in a friendly way. We discussed an issue & I was humbled and honored that he would take the time to talk 1 on 1 w/me. He knows who he is. THANKS more than I can say.

We all have personalities and sometimes personalities CLASH. We have discussed other GWs that don't participate on the "fire". Of all those, 1 GW has never impressed me, then he WENT or was PIGEON holed by editors, into a genre of our sport that DOES NOT INTERST ME. That's not a bad average, 1 of how many?

Rocky R, I almost forgot. I don't know if I know you from previous writing but THANKS SO MUCH for your input and gun industry connections. I enjoy your posts and informed opinions.

THANKS GUYS, kudos! I haven't found ANY other forum NEARLY AS GOOD as the Campfire.

JWALL

VEGETARIAN........Indian Word For Poor Hunter

Last edited by JWALL; 04/24/11.

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!