Originally Posted by SAcharlie
What are they? Are we winning and we just don't know it; as drug abuse will always be with us and we can only hope to keep a lid on it. Is the WOD real in the sense that all hands are on board or are we at a point where the infrastructure built to fight it is too great and self-serving by keeping it going?
It is bogus. There is no telling what we are doing in this country. You almost have to go by your own experience in the preponderance of things anymore due to the corruption of the MSM and the unreliability of smaller sources who are many times, prone to the same inadvertent errors individuals make. Drug abuse will always be here as long as there are drugs and IMO, drugs are a good thing. "Good thing" being due to their helpfulness in relieving pain, curing disease, etc. I am not advocating their abuse nor speaking specifically of those currently in wide use for recreational purposes. I have no idea whether we are keeping a lid on it let alone whether we can expect to in the future and so can't answer that part of your question.

Your last question is perplexing. I think the "Army" fighting the "War" is composed of true believers, paycheck drawers and those who are completely corrupt in that they both encourage its perpetuation without caring about the outcome and also in some cases, play both sides for profit.

Last edited by ColeYounger; 01/26/11.