Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Sure you want to go down that road?

I want to put you in jail but you're not doing anything that's currently illegal enough to do so. I know, I'll make up a new crime.

Hypothetical situation: I'm a voter but I hate guns and the people who own them. Guns are a scourge on society. You own a gun but I can't get rid of you for society's sake and I really am thinking of society's sake here. I know, let's tie gun ownership with something else that isn't very serious right now.

Have a gun in your possession when you're caught going 5 mph over the speed limit? Automatic 10 year sentence.

I can think of other ways to just make up new crimes which I can use to throw your ass in jail if you want me to.

Did lowering the BAC for DUI make motorists safer?
Is that additional 2 tenths of one percent really the defining line between safe and not safe?
Did the government get more drunk drivers off the road?

Maybe all it actually does is put more cases across the Clerk's desk. More people's names in the paper. More jobs for defending lawyers. More money flowing from private sector to public. More arrests without making more stops. More arrests without additional manpower or other additional resource costs.

More power and more control in the hands of government...

I think the answer lies right here in this post.

Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
And the moral of the story is: Government SUCKS!

Every time you pass a new law, all you do is give government a chance to f*ck you and me over just a little bit more.

Last edited by Archerhunter; 01/28/11. Reason: additions

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress