I didn't read the thread. Best guess is I've heard it all before...

But I will tell ya'll, I was involved in the illegal drug market for quite a few years. My step dad was a drug runner in the late 70's. He was an X cop so knew all the ins and outs of the business and how to carry on without getting busted. I learned a lot. He'd bring our dope across the border and I helped distribute the product pretty regularly, not to mention consumed quite a lot of it. We weren't really interested in making a profit, just having our own consumption covered at reduced cost or, in many cases, for absolutely free!

It was GREAT!

We spent a lot of quality time together, he and I doing our drug, especially during the early spring walleye runs. We'd sit out on the lake all day long catching fish, talking about wimmens and the weather, and just basically enjoying the day and our time together while drinking our bootleg Coors.

Had ya going, didn't I wink

His business required he go to, or at least through, Colorado on a fairly regular schedule. He'd pick up a couple dozen cases on the way through and bring them to friends on this side of the border. Once the brewery decided to allow sales in other states our profits and our little side business petered out. Our Saturday fishing trips continued on as usual but we no longer enjoyed our beer at reduced cost and all the thrill of doing something illegal that went along with it. All the sneaking around. All the keeping things under wrap. All the after dark deliveries. Everything that made it fun... gone... Only thing we had left was reminiscing about the good old days and watch our old worn out recording of 'Smokey and the Bandit'. frown

I've always been curious. I wonder how many people continued to drink Coors beer after it became legally available right next to Budweiser or any other brand. I'd bet a very high percent quit Coors and went back to their regular brand. The fun was gone. And so were the profits! Dammit!

grin

But seriously. It'd be interesting to know how many people stuck with the Coors brand after the thrill was gone.

Last edited by Archerhunter; 01/27/11.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress