Originally Posted by okok
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The war on drugs wasn't meant to be won. It was meant to empower government and drain the economy. What people choose to put in their bodies is their own business, and they should be free from legal liability until they actually harm or overtly endanger others. The only function the war on drugs serves is to support a gigantic illegal drug industry, and keep the dirty money flowing into the coffers of the CIA, crooked cops, and corrupt public officials, and to constantly expand, militarize, and centralize, police powers while contracting personal liberty.

Plus one, and the above is so blatantly obvious it shouldn't even need saying.

Supposedly free people being imprisoned for something they do to their own HEAD. Makes me want to puke.

That said there's some seriously nasty chit out there; that also obvious. Like tequila. whistle

Seriously? Those crack heads and tweekers are breaking into houses and commiting other crimes which the rest of pay for. I say build more prisons and throw away the keys.

"Throwing them into prison" has worked about as well as could be expected... which is to say, it hasn't.

Punish actions- like robbery- and hear no bitching from me. But do realize, it's at least partly the illegallity of the substances, that causes the actions, that you correctly lament.

People will always be dumbchits and that's not changing regardless of what laws you & yours might make. However- laws, especially strong ones that are enforced- have huge societal consequences. Humor me a moment. Let's say the mighty government, who you are empowering to do this, btw, decides that alchohol should be illegal. I mean, gosh golly, just look at the statistics! So now it's illegal- big time illegal. Go to jail illegal. Go to prison for a loooooong time illegal.

Okok, a whole lot of people you know would suddenly be outlaws.

So are they actually outlaws, or does common sense say otherwise? You decide.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!