Originally Posted by BCBrian
Long post a few pages back.

Despite the advertisement for the wonders and greatness of socialized medicine that was woven into the post, I agree.

Originally Posted by Cole Younger
Numerous posts along the way.

People who want a "war" on drugs should pay for it. Pull all public funding for every aspect of the foul thing, enforcement efforts, court and lawyer costs, incarceration costs, everything. Cut the public funding 100% and see how far they get on donations. The "war" would be over in 2 weeks.

Count up the billions and billions spent, then add the billions and billions leaving the country only to support 3rd world drug lords and corrupt government officials of their countries, and we'd be absolutely amazed at the funding available to fix roads and other needed services.

The drug war is NOT a needed "service". It's a sign of insanity if you ask me. It don't add up no matter how you look at it. I'd bet a dollar to a day old donut every increase in funding for the "war" is paralleled by an indentical increase in profits for the black marketeers.

It's time to end the bogus war on drugs. If people want to fight crime the first thing they need do is define the word. It was not a crime before the legalities passed and it is not one now. Your just spinning your wheels. It's an unaffordable and unsustainable waste of money and manpower. And there's no excuse for it. America needs productivity now more than ever. All government positions that don't actually produce, need axed. Producing the abysmally poor results the drug war has doesn't qualify as production. Nothing useful has ever or will ever come of it. 100% waste and Zero gain.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress