Originally Posted by Mesabi
I think my tax dollars already go for enough bullshit... Quite frankly, I'd rather they go for some DEA goon than a needle exchange program, rehab program, social worker salary. You're just exchanging a door-kicking program for a hand-holding program; they both have an interest in promoting their continued existance. At least with one you get high-speed guns and cool-looking sunglasses.
No, I ain't. Several of y'all are reading stuff into my posts that ain't there. Maybe these rehab programs and such are a good idea. I don't know, but I do know I don't want to foot the bill for them. My thought is that we don't have money for all the wars, we don't have money for all the LE. We don't have money for all the prisons and we don't have all the money for welfare. By welfare I mean what you are calling "hand holding programs" and you can lump all the counseling and shixt in with that.

I want the cops out chasing down killers and rapists. I want the Border Patrol kicking asss on illegals. I want the soldiers home where they ain't getting kilt every day and where maybe they can back up the BP and keep us from having a dirty bomb or anthrax sewn in Houston or Tulsa. I want teachers teaching school and highway workers mowing the ditches and fixing the dammed roads. What I don't need is people kicking my neighbor's door in and arresting him 'cause he decided to toke up. I don't smoke dope or do meth. The extent of my drug taking is the odd Ibu or aspirin and maybe a Rolaids. I don't like my neighbor too much either. I just think with all this talk of the Chinese forclosing on us that maybe we need to get out ahead of some of this shixt.

Last edited by ColeYounger; 01/27/11.