Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by fish head

Once legal? ... WTF ... You're whacked out if you think meth should be legally produced.

Who do you think that's in their right mind would ever support making it legal? ... I'm curious. ...
You sound like the old biddies who pushed for alcohol Prohibition and lamented that, if repealed, demon rum would ruin the country and destroy lives. Well, yeah, certain folks will always find one way or another to ruin their lives. That's the price of freedom, i.e., you are free both to make good and bad decisions for your own life. Additionally, the problems caused to our society by drugs being legal are far outweighed by those caused by them being illegal. That said, show me in the US Constitution where the power is delegated to the Federal Government to regulate what we choose voluntarily to place into our bodies, or aren't you a believer in the rule of law? These are all state matters under our system of dual sovereignty, not national ones. If the majority in your town wish to outlaw drugs, or your county, or state, that's fine with me. What I oppose is monolithic governance and laws, especially laws that aren't within the purview of powers delegated to the national government.

In the statement I highlighted I strongly disagree with you. It may work in some countries to legalize hard drugs as with heroin to a certain degree. Switzerland for example. But in America?

Crack, heroin and meth - NFW. Never - ever. Not in America and especially in today's society. That's where the big issue with legalization becomes a problem. The drug culture and those that would become a part of it are so warped in their viewpoints, ethics and morals that nothing good would ever come it. Prohibition and American culture at that time was an entirely different situation.

Do really think that rampant unchecked drug use in inner cities, beyond what it is today, would benefit the rest of us? Do you think the never ending generations of the dregs of society - the welfare culture - are going benefit from cheap legalized hard drugs? Do you want to continue to support them and in even greater numbers? Crack, heroin and meth - cheap legal and easily available??????????????

It's already a nightmare.

Here's a question back at ya. What part of American society is going to benefit from the legalization of hard drugs? Which towns or cities? ... Yours?