Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

[quote=Jordan Smith]I think it's time for a chart *grin*

Keep in mind, wind drift is what really matters, here...

Numbers don't lie grin

Once again, using extremes to try and prove your point. How convenient! You chose a 105 VLD for your comparison, which Berger recommends a 1-8 twist. How many factory 243's are twisted at 1-8? Not saying some factory guns won't stabilize a Berger 105, but you get my point. At least with your example of the 115 VLD, you chose a bullet whose manufacturer recommended twist rate matches that of most factory 25-06 barrels(1-10).

Btw.. the 115 VLD has 2.82 less inches of drop than the 105 Amax at 700 yds. The
Amax does shade it by 1.5 inches in drift, but I'll take the 2.82 inches less drop!

I understand we're splitting hairs and without a doubt understand the distinct advantages of a .243 over the .25-06 for efficiency and long range shooting. It can't be argued. In fact, I'm in the process of having a 240 wby built with a 1-8 twist Brux for this very reason. It just seems most who tout the advantages of the 243 over the 06 have to use examples with match grade bulllets to do so, which is not a fair comparison, especially for the guy who doesn't reload. My original point being, the average hunter shooting factory ammo out of his factory 22 in barreled 243, will be giving up a bit to the avg hunter with his 25-06.

Have a good one.