Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by Sycamore

I don't get that? He is putting $500,000 a year into the land? where does he get that kind of money? 500 cows a year, @ $1000ea? no operating expenses, no taxes no fuel, no salaries?

Can you do the numbers for me?

Sycamore

I already answered this in my second post in this thread... of course you redefined/limited my context opposite of my previous comments.

And you've already did some numbers... don't let me get in your way.

You said 500,000 I didn't. I said a couple... and couple defined in the informal... Oxford dictionary...

3 � informal An indefinite small number: [as pronoun]: he hoped she�d be better in a couple of days we got some eggs�would you like a couple? [as determiner]: just a couple more questions North American clean the stains with a couple squirts dishwashing liquid.

Never the less I did say to reference the Boquillas as a similar sized operation. Sitting in different meetings with G&F presentations of the Boquillas ranch costs for water, roads, fence maintenance 500,000 was the number used.

750,000 acre Boquillas vs 600,000 acre Bundy lease.

500 cows? I have no idea how many he's running... but if that's all he's running he isn't using 600,000 acres... and this is really funny... 500 cows equal 8100.00 per year lease, 162,000.00 for twenty years... 4050.00 back per year to maintain 600,000 acres...

all this bullchit for 8100.00 per year... LOL

Or someone's math's wrong...

Kent

...Or someone's math's wrong... ...

KRP,

OK, use your math, then.

The data I've seen is formerly 600 cows for 600,000 acres, reduced to 150 cows for 150,000 acres in 1993.

Feel free to compare Boquillas with Bunkerville, after factoring relative elevation, annual precipitation, vegetation type, and carrying capacity.

I don't know how much of the "$1 million" is for grazing fees and how much is fines and interest.

How much do you estimate Bundy is putting back into the land each year?

If you believe "He's already putting that much [He owes over 1 million in grazing fees.] back into the land every couple years.", how much do you believe he is putting back into the land each year?

Also, do you have any estimates of how much the BLM or the NRCS put into the land over the years?

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....