Kent,

Boquillas is corporately run, by a hard-nosed old cattle-buyer, who has the capital to make it work. And the quality of land to make it worthwhile.

Bunkerville
it doesn't compare to the Boquillas, for the reasons I asked you to address before: elevation, precipitation and vegetation type (carrying capacity)

Originally Posted by Sycamore
Feel free to compare Boquillas with Bunkerville, after factoring relative elevation, annual precipitation, vegetation type, and carrying capacity.

Boquillas is 10 times the ranch that ALL of Cliven Bundys allotment was in 1993, (then 600,000 acres). (measured by what matters, productivity)

Cliven Bundy's allotment, since 1993 ( now 160,000? acres) is 1/4 of what it was.

So you are trying to compare the investments of two ranches, that differ in productivity by a factor of 40!

You are also insinuating that ONLY Bundy did or paid for any infrastructure work on the ranch.

You haven't touched on how much the BLM and the NRCS (used to be SCS) have put into the Bundy ranch over the years.

If you go back and look, YOU were the one that claimed Cliven was " already putting that much back into the land every couple years."

Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by JohnMoses

He owes over 1 million in grazing fees.

Please continue to hold your breath.

Do you know where that money is supposed to go... by law?

He's already putting that much back into the land every couple years.

Kent

I don't doubt that ranching is hard, it is even harder now that wages, fuel, trucks, medicine, vets, etc cost more.

It's even harder on sub-marginal land (creosote bush?)

You've got to get real that there probably wasn't much infrastructure out there, most of the cows didn't get far from the Virgin is my guess, (another problem).

Sycamore

Last edited by Sycamore; 04/27/14. Reason: replced "it" with Bunkerville

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....