Originally Posted by BullShooter
Originally Posted by gunner500
... my rifle settled in nicely just North of 60 grains for 2700 fps with the 200 gr NPT's, that is a badass load in the old '06!

gunner500 and others-

Twenty months ago I worked up a load for my M1885 with the 27" barrel of the 200 NPT with RL22. 58 grains produced 2725 fps and also primer leaks. 57 grains gave about 2680 fps, so I considered that max. Temps at testing were 35°F. Since the ammo and rifle were heading for Namibia, I thought maybe 57 grains was not all that conservative, and might be well above 2700 fps with temperatures of 95°F.

The Problem: I was using Norma brass and Winchester WLR primers. Last year I found my lot of primers was one of the ones to be recalled, so I'm thinking of redoing the test with either replacement WLRs or something else. The primer leaks with WLRs may have been a false-positive for pressure problems.

QUESTION: What primers and what make(s) of brass are you using for your loads using RL22 and 200 NPTs?

Thanks.
--Bob

Thanks Bob, I use CCI-250 and WW brass in my '06 hell-bender loads, brass has lasted 4 firings so far with no signs of loose pockets or cracks. cool

Trump Won!