Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Speer's new No. 15 manual lists 57.8 grains of RL-26 as getting 2667 fps from a 24" barrel with the Hot-Cor 200-grain spitzer--which in general I have found gets just about the same velocity, with the same loads, as the 200 Partition.

Of course, test barrels are often a little tighter, both in bore and chamber throat, than factory barrels. And handloaders don't always load bullets to the same OAL, which also affects pressures and hence velocities.

Speer does not list the specific case, but for that load used the Federal 210 primer.

The only HotCor I have worked with extensively is the 250 grain .358. My experience has been parallel to yours regarding the 200 grain .308s - I find the Speer 250 HotCor to be a perfect surrogate for the Nosler 250 Partition. The same charge gives the same velocity and the same POI, and very similar accuracy. That's very useful for working up loads.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by GF1
I load 62 gr/RL26, R-P brass, Fed 210M with the 200 gr Partition for 2730 fps. I can detect no excess pressure and it is very accurate in my “custom” 30-06 with FN Mauser barreled action, 24” barrel.

Thats cooking along. Theres not a lot you wouldnt be able to put down with that load. For the guys mentioning the speers, good luck and a little helpful advice. Dont weigh those mo fo's. You might be in for an unpleasant surprise. As for the guy that shot a "sub moa" group with them. Pure luck, even if it was 1 lucky 3 shot group.

Can't speak to the 200 HotCor, but the .358 250gr shoots consistent sub MOA in my Whelen.
Cheers,
Rex