Originally Posted by SU35
I wonder how temp sensitive that powder is vs. RL22????

When does Temp sensitivity really come into play? Or matters?

When it comes to a particular distance you are shooting in the field hunting big game?
Out to 400 or maybe 500 yards. I doubt it.

I guess if I lived in Montana and developed a load in the summer and used it in the winter. But would it make that much difference in the field?

Sorry, but everything makes a difference in "the field". At least it does to me. I want to be certain I'm going to put that bullet exactly where I want it. I owe that much to the animal I'm putting down. One of the reasons I work up loads in the fall/winter is because I hunt in the fall and winter... I'll also shoot in the summer and have noticed a shift in POI even at 100 yards. If you are seeing a shift at 100, you are going to see and even bigger shift at 5-600 yards. When you are shooting in "field" positions or at extended ranges, you need all the help you can get and don't need to be guessing or second guessing for that matter... Just my take on things.. Furthermore, I've noticed anomalies such as hangfires in extreme cold temps. If you develop your loads in the summer (as you say) and hunt in the winter, you are taking a risk by doing so. Why not work up a load in the fall or winter????

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA