Originally Posted by Mule Deer
This thread has been interesting. I have been able to get at least 2675 fps from 22" barreled .30-06's for many years, using published data for H4831, generally with excellent accuracy.

Haven't fooled with RL-26 with 200s in the '06, but have in other cartridges, and have not been impressed with it's temp-resistance. It's far better than RL-22, another powder known for high MVs in the .30-06 with 200s, but not as consistent as H4831. But then I live and mostly hunt in the state with the widest spread of recorded temperatures.

If you hunt somewhere the temp-spread isn't as wide, RL-26 would no doubt work well. But so far I haven't found enough advantage to switch, especially for another 50 fps or so.

I'm not currently seeing the RL26 magic, but it is more a product of availability for me. I have a jug of RL26 and no H4831. I did recently see one pounders at $60 each - Not ready to face that reality either.

That temp spread thing has me thinking though....

What about H4350 and the 200?

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway