Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by bwinters
I tried Re 23 as well. It is a good deal less dense then Re26.

How does RL-23 density compare with RL-22 and MRP?

DF

I’d give you my opinion but the problem is 22 and 25 could be so different from 5lb jug to the next it just wouldn’t do anyone any good. I will say that most all of my old loads with 22 are within 1-2 grains with RL23, but I haven’t tried a pile of them yet.

I kinda see it the same way most see IMR4350/4451. Close enough but still warrants a little chronograph work to match them.

Thanks.

I've been replacing RL-22 with RL-23, just haven't used it that much to compare the two. After hearing the density issue, it got me to thinking.

MRP would probably be an OK sub for RL-22 without density issues, if in fact that's a problem with RL-23. MPR temp sensitivity may be no better the RL-22, it's reportedly more lot to lot consistent. And, I have a big jug of MRP.

I also have a can of 4451, just never tried it. I was able to find a big jug of H-4350, so am in good supply for the time being. I prefer H-4350 to IMR-4350, although have used both to good effect. May have to work up some 4451 loads one of these days...

A Loony's work is never done... wink

DF