Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by Hammerdown
200 grain Partitions are a great big game bullet.
They sure fly well in my 30-06.

I could hunt lots of places with that bullet, and never feel under gunned with them loaded in my 30-06.

I first discovered that great flight over 25 years ago shooting 3-4-500 yard steel with my classic super-grade 300 win, 200gr partitions leaving at 3K were/are a thing of beauty, couldn't believe the consistent accuracy i got that first load workup day, that bullet went on to prove it's one of the very best bullets ever developed for hunting, even at 2700 from the old '06 using RL-22, H-4831 SC etc, the bullet, cartridge are simply stoners, put it where it needs to go, then get your jacket off and sleeves rolled up. smile

Great posts. I see you guys BTDT. Having had the same exact experience with both the 300wm and 30-06. I was always content with 2900 in the 300wm, but that was the sweet spot for my rifle with good ol IMR4350, way back in the day.. Ran 68 grains of the stuff. Easy to remember because that's what I ran in my 338wm to launch 250gr Sierra GK's. Good stuff guys...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA