Originally Posted by Cascade
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
My general experience with the 9.3x62 is the added bullet weight and diameter does result in quicker kills, on average, than the .30-06 with heavier bullets. In fact haven't been able to tell any difference between the 9.3x62 and .375 H&H.

But have also noticed less difference in "killing power" with widely varying big game cartridges the longer I hunt. Suspect it would take more than one typical "plains game" safari to see any difference between 200-220 grain bullets from the .30-06 and 250-286s in the 9.3x62--or the .375 H&H.

That's pretty much what I've been thinking, and why the old 30-06 has remained a 30-06 to this day. smile

Other than being a fun project, I'm not sure I'd see any real benefit from turning it into a 9.3x62. I probably ought to just hunt more!

Regards, Guy

Yep, especially since you have a .375.

I eventually sold both my 338 Winchester Magnum and my "other" .375 H&H (the one other than you have!) after realizing I hadn't hunted with either one for years after getting enough experience with the 9.3x62 to prefer it in that "medium bore" slot.

But have also never been afraid of selling rifles, especially to go on a hunt somewhere!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck