Originally Posted by Mike74
I don't know how you guys are able to shoot all these Boomers? I was just told on another thread that there is no way I could even shoot a 7mm Remington Mag accurately. Too much recoil. Apparently if I show up in Montana with a 7 mag I'll wound everything? It seems that a 6.5 Creedmoor is the most a man can hope to control these days? crazy

I mentioned before somewhere that the word "Magnum" does not mean much these days. Can you shoot a Marlin .45-70 rifle that has plush recoil pad? This cartridge produces enough recoil, but it does not have "Magnum" on the head-stamp. You can say the same for a lot of other cartridges, too. If you have problems with the recoil of a .338WM, perhaps you can shoot a .338-06, or a .35 Whelen, both which are just fine for hunting moose in Alaska. Also, there is nothing wrong with a .30-06, which in fact may be the number one cartridge with Alaska hunters. By the way, the wife of one of my former supervisors develops loads and shoots his .338WM rifles at the range, and I have seen a very small lady (petite) at the Fairbanks range shooting a .375H&H that's loaded with Federal 300-grain NOS Partition ammo.

Last edited by Ray; 08/24/18.