Geeze I bet Yukon, if I had that much powder capacity, i'd try to slow that bugger down, with a heavier bullet.

Can you elaborate on that 358 load and where you shot the Bison? In the little 358, the 200 grain Acubond and the 200 grain ttsx, are longer than a 250 grain flat base bullet. At the power level and range of the little 358, I never could figure out what the boat tail, or the ballistic tip actually accomplishes? Better to just go flat base spitzer in my opinion, instead of limiting an already limited powder column.

The reason why I switched from the woodlieghs to the A-frames: The woodleigh PP has very little lead exposed at the tip. In one instance, I had a failure to expand on a large bull moose. It still worked, but it really should have expanded. The tip of a woodleigh is darn close to being an FMJ. The nosler partitions and the swifts have more exposed lead at the tip, and expansion has always been super reliable. Then.........after a 500 yd shot with a 300 grain swift a-frame, I was honestly shocked that it expanded so perfectly. That pure copper jacket and all the lead exposed at the tip.......smart.

I've found pure copper jackets to be less brittle than copper/zinc mixed jackets. Less mushroom shears off. They seem to reliably expand on moose down to 1500 fps!

negatives: If you have factory rifling, or rebores, all the little tooling marks foul with copper. The fouling can get so severe, I've resorted to a mild abrasive: KG bore polish.