Originally Posted by las
I'm gonna use the Rem 725 in .260 with 140 gr Corelokts on my next moose. Hunt. Next year. Likely won't hunt moose at all this year- freezer full of Kotzebue caribou. I stocked up before I moved! smile

So what is the diff between a .260, 140 gr, and a .308 150 gr, or 7mm 140 gr? Well, a dead critter ain't gonna tell you, that's for sure!

Left the .260 in CO a week or so back for an upcoming October elk hunt, but with a broken pin-in extractor. Just ordered new one (700- should fit) an hour or so ago. Brought the bolt back to fix. Likely take the 700-243 bolt back down with me as well- same headspace, according to the field gauge. Can't find my go/no go gauges - but then, I'm a "generalist"...... smile

.260 was bang flop in my last cow elk - and a bunch of caribo before and since. No reason it won't work on a moose...

Caliber-anoia is way over-rated. Whether or not you can actually shoot....

That's all true, Las

A good shot works while a bad shot may not, regardless of caliber. Choose a good load that is appropriate for the game hunted, and the rest is all to the person taking the shot. Also, good luck on your side is always helpful, because sometimes things don't work as one wants it to.