Originally Posted by rost495
338-06/210 ttsx has so far done what I've wanted it to on moose. LOL. I was a bit impressed that it took on the front shoulder at the neck, spine, and offside blade but was stuck under the hide, I'd actually almost bet it would have made it out. As is its an awful pretty bullet at about 100% retention.

As to keeping em out of the water, like I say on deer, pigs etc... if you can't afford for them to move, the only option is enough umph to take out CNS at your choice of location. Beyond that its always going to be a crap shoot to me. Maybe a high percentage one at times, but crap shoot regardless.

I'll leave with this. One of the longer trails I"ve ever followed on a white tail deer, maybe a 100 pound dressed weight doe at that, was from her having a 50 bmg through her ribcage and both lungs.. VERY dead when we finally found her about 200 yards away, though the bullets path was easier to follow than her path....literally, in thick brush.

I have seen quite a few bull moose and Kodiak bears shot with the 210 TTSX in the 338WM. It works well.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.