Heya Snyd, Iron Bender and Sitka Deer:

Not much work trying to find a decent conversation bout outdoorsy stuff on either forum I suppose. There's good ones and not so good ones. Not sure about exclusivity between the two, we still lotta the same folks. I'd have no problem hunting moose with a big flat nosed hard cast from one ah snyd's nice revolvers or that accubond wsm load, or one ah Sitka Deer's 338 mag x bullet loads.

True stories of moose growing up in Northern Maine:

When I was 15 yrs old, there were moose all around my home, and cross the road near a water hole. I used to practice my stalking skills on a big bull moose with a base ball. I'd stalk him when his head was under water eating aquatic vegetation. I'd pause when his head rose to breath and chew.

Finally, I'd get at the waters edge, and pulverize him right on the front quarter with the base ball. The 30" racked bull exploded out of that pond, almost trampled me as he ran outta there. Another time, I bought this outrageously stupid deer call that did doe or buck grunts from wallmart in Houlten Maine. Thought it was a sure ticket to call in a big white tail. I set hidden under a nice thick white spruce in a small field, and got to grunting in early November. Brush started thrashing, twigs started snapping, and I reached to ready my 30-30, ready to be the youngster who drug home a trophy whittail buck. Out of the brush popped a big bull moose with 40" antlers, ready to fight. I threw that stupid thing away.

Another time, I was crawlin around the yard on my hands and knees at night, catching night crawlers for fishing. I felt a strong breeze by my face and heard some galloping, something nicked my ear. I took the celophane off the flashlight, and shined it out front, I walked right under a cow moose, and she didn't trample me!