Originally Posted by Tansun
Sure looks to the average guy on the street, that Trump is slowly caving. Sure do not see where he is gaining anything. Maybe one of you folks with better foresight could explain hs way of thinking?

Don't fall for the mainstream media spin. Trump has Peelosi boxed into a corner and she is too stupid to figure it out. He has offered numerous deals since the shutdown began. Peelosi said $1. P said it was immoral. P said no money unless you open government. P sai pay the workers first. P said no SOTU.
So now Trump opens government for a 3 week period with the specter of another shutdown or evoking the "national security" declaration.
If the Dems don't act in "good faith" during the next 21 days (which I suspect they will not) Trump has no other decision to make. Trump will use this against them. So should every Republican in office. Remember: to a Democrat, "bipartisanship" is when they get 90% of what they want.

Trump didn't "cave"- he re-set the "rules" and is in command for the Feb. 15th decision. The ball is in the Democrat court and a wide crack has formed within their caucus.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 01/25/19.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.