Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter

None of that justifies your cheap shot...

Where is the 'cheap shot' in my given response?...or have you confused me with Sycmore?

Originally Posted by JSTUART

You do your homework.

Of my convict ancestors two were forgers sent to Sydney, another two were sent to Tasmania...one of these was a young lass, and the other,
(the fellow she married) was a "lawmaker" (solicitor, which probably actually deserved banishment).

There were a couple of others and they ended up owning properties and public houses, with a surprising number of relatives following from England to settle.

LOL....What homework is that?

many X-convicts stayed in Australia and some returned to England or wherever.

Even convicts that daringly escaped the Sydney colony to return to England , (such as Mary Bryant and her escape team: 1791), were welcomed
and cheered by the English people on arrival , ..and not forced back to Australia by the British authorities.

AGWs claim that regular X-convicts that served their Transportation sentence were all ' life banned' from returning to England
is simply false...apart from British census records showing that X-convicts had legally returned to England, ..records held at Fremantle Prison,
Western Australia, indicate that prisoners transported to Aus. , could return to England at the end of their sentence.
Of course people like Mary Reiby in Sydney with her family, substantial wealth holdings and successful businesses saw it fit to stay
in the colony.

Criminals in England that received a sentence of 7 yrs or more, also qualified for the option of Transportation to distant penal colonies
for the same period....Ive not read of British criminals being sentenced to 2 years Transportation, as AGW has claimed.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.