Originally Posted by Hastings
I'm sad, Trump could've held the line. Shut down a bunch more. Held their feet to the fire. Vetoed anything lacking a border barrier. If the Rs voted to over ride then we could know who to blame and vote them out. If planes quit flying and SS payments stopped along with food stamps the Democrats would have personally gone down there to work on the wall. Trump has learned something I learned as a game warden 30 years ago, if you threaten something you better be ready to carry through. Because there are those who will call your hand. I found it best if I didn't want to go to the trouble of putting a violator in my boat and hauling him 30 miles it was best not to say "if you don't do such and such I will take you to jail". I learned to tell a recalcitrant violator "you make up your mind on how you want to handle your part and then I'll make my decision on what to do with you". Trump has put himself in the position that he has to build a wall or have a court decision or veto override stopping him.

spot on......bob