Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by ltppowell
President Trump is in a tough place...politically. Piss off his base or piss off the other people who voted for him. It was probably the safest move for him to piss off the base.

As long as he does the National Emergency thing he'll be alright

I hope he issues the order for the wall on his authority as CIC, and orders the complete construction (apart from extremely rough terrain, which areas are not prone to illegal entry), not just part. Funding is something that should be dealt with after construction is complete, as is done with the cost of missile barrages into Syria.

PS A real wall, like we were promised, not steel bars that can just be hack-sawed through.

If I was patrolling the border I’d want to be able to see what’s on the other side. But then, I’ve walked a post before. In fact, one of the few in the Marine Corps at the time which was NOT a chlallenging post..... see them- shoot them.

It was the Atomic Ordnance Post at 29 Palms and it had a chain link fence around it. One sentry patrolling inside with a shotgun and one in an armored guardhouse just outside the enclosure with an M 14 and a 45. And it was only a ten minute Jeep ride from the Guardshack.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place