Just a thought, but an individual's definition is fairly irrelevant most days. One man's cuppa tea may not mean a whole lot, all things considered. Only a suggestion, knowing it will not change the course of this epic thread, how about defining things a bit. Benched, in the field, offhand, over the shoulder with a mirror......it makes a difference.

50' ain't much of a stretch, but I gotta ask, do you think you could stand on your hind legs and do this well? The top is a sighter, the rest are 2 shots/target.

[Linked Image]

Can ya stand on your hind legs and do this at 100 yards?

[Linked Image]

With an elbow rest for 5 at 100?

[Linked Image]

I really don't give a flip actually, but the question posed that started this is vague and whether intended or not doesn't lead anywhere. While I appreciate the skill set required to make first round hits at very long range in the field, presumably from a rest of some style, it's kinda of an apples/oranges thing if you get my drift.

Benches make for some pretty groups from time to time but I don't carry a bench around for hunting.
[Linked Image]

In the field things are a bit different. Long range for you may or may not be so for me, depending on circumstances, firearm, quarry etc. If you screw up is your "target" going to rip you a new anus?

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain