Originally Posted by battue

Before you completely act the fool, let me give you a tip. There are people out there that can do things you or I can't, and there always will be. Some can hit a 100mph fast ball, while all you would know about it is the slap of the ball into the catchers mitt. Some can play golf on the pro level and comparatively you can only do mediocore on the silly golf range. Some can shoot and obviously as of now you are not on their level.

This is so true, in my experience and from watching these 'discussions' over the years. It seems to be human nature for guys to take their own limitations and abilities, use that to construct their definition of what is 'ethical', and then hold their ethics up as the gold standard that all hunters should adhere to.

As a relative newcomer to LR shooting- I've only been practicing it seriously, and occasionally competing in practical precision matches, for 4-5 years- one thing that immediately jumped out at me was the highly varied skill sets. And the guys at the top of the heap were far better than I'd imagined was even possible. There are lots of highly practiced, gifted shooters for who 600 yards/meters, and beyond, is a chip shot. Even in a stressful, fast paced enviroment, from akward positions, on small targets. I'm not saying everyone is at, or can even reach those levels. But there are lots who can and do. Who's to say where another should draw the line?

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.