Originally Posted by ghost
Yoder , then you're one of the 1%, right? 250 yds with a RF, is BS to me. And 450 headshots> more BS. I have a friend who won't even shoot a groundhogs "the close" , but he shoots out in Ohio and other places where wide open, and is setting at a table, shooting a Cheytac round. But we're talking about the PA mountains, and such place,were most of the time you don't have a 400 yd open shot, period. Where I've hunted most of my deer, a 50 yd shot long. I've shot competitive LR and so can hit a deer of something at a longer range, if needed to. But those ranges not available here. The other thing is a deer quickly becomes a mouse size target at 450 yds. Have shot that range in Colorado.

I know nothing of any 1%. I just grew up shooting and reloading and don't suck at it.

As far as BS......... the first liar don't stand a chance. But I can shoot 700+ yards by putting up my bedroom window. I haven't even pursued it hard and my personal, casual best with a rimfire is a groundhog at a lasered 280 yards. And it was a small groundhog. Have not monkeyed with any of my centerfires on groundhogs for a good many years. But my Swift shoots 3 shot groups at 100 from the high .1's to the mid .3's depending on whether I do my job or not. Last centerfire groundhogs I shot were with my bear rifle right around the 300 yard line. No fuss. No muss. For chitz and giggles, at the farm, we shoot an 8" round plate at 600 with sporter-weght rifles......some accurized.....some stock.....and most days, get bored with hitting it.

So if that makes me a liar or puts me in some theoretical percentile, then so be it. Most farm boys around here can shoot. Some better than others.

Last edited by Yoder409; 03/31/19.

Wollen nicht krank dein feind. Planen es.