They don't refuse to admit the possibility of something going wrong any more than the close range crowd refusing to admit something can. Show me once were they refuse to admit it can't happen.

Last Deer I killed was running at perhaps 30yards and it wasn't the first. Can something bad happen the next time? Most definitely. The one before that, standing perhaps 10yards and he was looking at me on high alert. He also could have bolted at the wrong fraction of a second. But to say the LR people don't have a handle on wither an animal is about to bolt or not, on wither the odds are highly likely that when the bullet is on the way the animal will still be in the same position, is not giving them credit for knowing how to play their game. From what Ive seen over the years, perhaps more Deer are shot badly by MR Average and up close, than by the dedicated and skilled LR crowd. Dedicated and skilled being the defining qualifier. Do some shoot past the range of their skill level? Most definitely, but that is not grounds to say those that have the skill shouldn't.

Some can, some can't and everyone should try to acknowledge where they are signed off.

Last edited by battue; 04/09/19.

laissez les bons temps rouler