Originally Posted by battue

Like I said the tale was a one off example and shouldn't be the basis of an opinion re LR hunting.

Where did I give an opinion about LR hunting? YOU are assuming what my opinion is, and it is NOT my opinion.

Ethics? That is your position when you keep on about how the LR shooters are gut shooting animals and use a one off to defend it. I hope that your shooting skills are better than your reading comprehension. I said nothing of the kind.

My thoughts are if you have the skills, I don't have a problem with the ethics of it. The reality is the good LR shooters seem to have minimal problems with animals moving at the shot. Something you have little basis to disagree with since you don't play their game. And that is the definitive reality....

You also add on your "The LR shooters refuse to admit line" which is wrong at best and BS at worst. Which would be another reality....

I didn't say that. If you are going to quote somebody, get it right.

I have killed elk at long range and have found four elk gut shot at long range by others. I speak from experience, and despite your apparent inability to comprehend what I actually wrote, have not once questioned the ethics nor said that anyone should not shoot animals at long range. I HAVE expressed the reality that the possibility of a hit somewhere different than intended goes up at extreme range, and that includes gut shots. You keep extrapolating comments about physical facts into the arena of ethics. That's you, Bro, not me. Is your conscience bothering you?

SOME long rangers, not all, are so defensive about the subject that they instantly jump to the conclusion that anyone who dares ask or comment about wind, animal movement etc. is attacking their cherished long range hunting.

You are reading in what is not there. If you make up what the other person says, you don't need anyone else for this conversation.

Last edited by Okanagan; 04/10/19. Reason: typo