Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Originally Posted by Clarkm
2018, I painstakingly built a long range rifle in 280AI, and sighted in at long ranges, and then shot a 15" antelope buck free hand at ~~ 50 yards.

Long range hunting is in the planning, but what really happens in hunting could be anything.

Did a similar thing a few years back. Practiced extensively out to 600 yards, sat on a hill where 400-500 for elk was most likely, passed on a shot at 25 feet, took a shot that was about 25 yards.

That's why I prefer bullets that are good near to far.

Sounds like Hammer bullets.

Originally Posted by Ringman
Coyote_Hunter ,

They will refund your money if you are not satisfied.

Tell us about your experience with Hammer bullets.

I have a 6.5 wildcat that matches a .264 Win Mag for case capacity but on a small Weatherby action. I tried to catch a Sledgehammer 130 in a 330 pig I killed. The bullet entered the center of the chest and exited 30” out the side near the back leg. Three of the petals also exited around it. I killed a couple deer last year with their 124 grain Hunter but didn’t catch either of them. A couple years back I had a .300 Blackout but sold it before hunting season so used their 101 grain bullets in my son-in-law’s .308. I fired them about 800 feet faster than they were designed for. The entrance in a buck was huge on a broadside shot. I caught that one. I guess it used up most of its energy on making a huge hole. Also I killed a doe with one. It exited but I dug it up. Both weighed about sixty grains.

I have a .375-.416 Rem Mag that I plan to use for elk this years. I prefer their Sledgehammer bullets and will use the 275 grainer, Lord willing. I fired half dozen at 300 yards with each load containing one grain more than the previous load. The “group” was about 2 ½”. I fired a three shot group at 100 yards and one at 300 yards: 9/16” and 1 11/16” respectively. Velocity is 2,960 feet per second.

The other day I read about a guy killing a water buffalo with a .300 RUM firing the Hunter 181 grainer at 3,400 feet per second. The bullet went through both shoulders and stopped without exiting.

I hope this is what you are looking for.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter