Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
+- 1 mph is more inline with the best wind readers.

Nope, not on first shots in field conditions. Nice try though - long range hunting is the land of excuses to cover for unethical behavior laugh

And unless the animal is asleep, there's ALWAYS a chance it moves. And I've yet to encounter an "long range hunter" that restricted themselves to shooting bedded animals, so don't even try that nonsense.

LOL, I don’t need to “try”- I actually get out and “do”. My statement wasn’t a question, but an observation from actual field experience. BTW, what first shots are not “in the field”? That’s a buzz word and nothing more. Even square shooting ranges have terrain features and present a challenge to estimate the net wind effect on a cold-bore shot. Public forestry land is always “field conditions”.

Don’t be ridiculous. Of course in hunting, no matter the range, there is always a chance the animal could move as the trigger breaks, or something else could go wrong. That’s why it takes skill to properly judge the scenario. There’s always a chance of a miss or a bad shot. Opportunities at LR just tend to give the shooter more time and a calmer situation to assess the shot.