Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Rabbit is awesome eats, albeit, winter fare only in most parts due to warbles...They taste like chicken.

Any idea how long it would take for a stranded or lost person to start suffering from lack of protein the body needs eating just Rabbit?

😎

Have seen lots of cows with warbles, never a rabbit.

Warbles would not be an issue, tularemia is an issue and will kill you dead. If eating rabbits, hares, or rodents, one is well advised to become familiar with symptoms of tularemia and always wear rubber gloves when dressing such animals.

Dude, we’re all ears....Explain forth. I’ve cut hundreds of white cellos tumors out of game...What’s the signs of tularemia? I can google, but I would prefer hearing from someone who’s seen it. 😎

Fire up your google fu. I don't kill many bunnies and have not eaten a cottontail since 1976. I have never actually seen a tularemia infected rabbit. But documentation abounds.

See tularemia, rabbit fever, deer fly fever, and bacterium Francisella tularensis.

10-4
I thought you had first person experience...Goog is my friend.

Note: I rarely, if ever use latex gloves while working up meat in the field. Never giving a thought to contracting something bad. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”