Originally Posted by Hogwild7
Rabbits are good to eat cooked several ways. I prefer tame to wild but have eaten a bunch of wild ones. Used to have a pack of beagles and hunted them alot. Rabbits can be good fried baked broiled ,cooked in a gravy either in the oven or on top of the stove, barbequed even ground and.made into sausages. Young tame ones are delicious and can be cooked any way you want and will be tender.
Those of you talking about eating beaver tail have probably never tried to skin one. They are hard to skin and are nothing but bone and greasy gristle. You could probably eat one but it would chewy.

Trapped many hundreds of beaver over the years in a number of states and over 150 a year for a few years in a row. Ate a bunch of them and they are very, very good. The only ones I have tried to eat that were not good were eating either conifers because they had wiped out the local willows or Russian olive in the eastern WA sand dunes.

Never found them difficult to skin. The tails are meaty for what they are, sort of along the lines of ox tail soup. Slow roast them in indirect heat for quite a long time and finish off very hot and close to the fire. They split right open and fall apart. You will end up with the grease running off your elbows. Some friends in the mid-west had me save a bunch every year for their club wild game feed. Lot of folks said it was the favorite of quite a few members.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.