Originally Posted by tikka77
I shoot both, I really like both. When I got around to building a full custom I chose the Creedmoor specifically because I wanted to use a magazine fed rifle that could pull double duty as a hunting rifle and light competition rifle. For a pure hunting rifle, the .260 is a better choice because it has a little more case capacity. I’m probably going to move to Ackley Improved when I rebarrel again. With Berger getting ready to release the 155gr Elite Hunter, I’d be building a .260 AI with a Wyatt’s box and a Kiff reamer designed around those 155s. I might even consider building it on a long action but would probably stick with the short action because I’m a fanboy and it does keep the weight down some. You can still shoot factory .260 ammo in a pinch but you can pick up the extra speed with AI handloads. My .260 is as easy to load for as either of my 6.5 Creedmoors.

I do find better choices for factory ammo for the Creedmoor than the .260 but I mainly reload my own. Sometimes I get lazy, though, or in a hurry and there’s some really fantastic factory ammo out there - Prime, Copper Creek, etc. I haven’t found nearly as much .260 ammo that MY rifle likes.

I don’t find buying a new set of dies a real consideration but if you already have all the .260 dies, that’s just another reason to go with that caliber.

I've been shooting the 260 when it came out in 1998....I don't see a darn thing the CreedSaMoor will do for me that the 260 don't...
I handload, and I have very little brass that says 260 Rem on it.... I do have a lot of it that the headstamp is 308 Win, that I find laying all over the ground at our local range fairly often....waste not want not...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez